Thursday, September 13, 2012

Softly Against Black Mosaic + A Good Mail Day

Yesterday, it seemed as though the stars aligned and three of my favorite things came together....

Yesterday, Rachel of Stitched in Color (one of my favorite bloggers) announced that she was pairing up with Alice of Fresh Modern Fabric (my favorite shop to get fabric online) to offer a contest to make a fabric mosiac based on the phrase "softly against black" and this picture:


.....which I love and has been the desktop photo on my computer for months.

Here's the mosaic I came up with.  It was hard to narrow the fabric selections down to 12, especially since I thought at first I would get to choose 16, but I eventually got it to the right number.

Softly Against Black fabric mosaic

.... And as for the good mail day, I had the best swap package sitting in my mailbox today.  I received my package from my secret partner Karen in the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap and she did a great job making things that were very "me".

I had told her that I loves gnomes and dachshunds, and she went snooping in my Flickr favorites and discovered on her own that I love wonky houses.  Here's what she sent me:

Modern Scrappy Bits Haul

Modern Scrappy Bits Haul Needlebook

Modern Scrappy Bits Haul Needlebook

Modern Scrappy Bits Haul Pouch

Modern Scrappy Bits Haul Pouch

I love it all so much!  The package totally made my day!!! Thanks again Karen!

name

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...