Sunday, July 1, 2012

Issachar's quilt

This isn't the quilt top I thought I'd be posting about today but oh well-- it's still a fun quilt top.  This quilt is going to be a baby shower gift for my friend Juliana.

The pattern is a free one from Elizabeth Hartman called New Wave Quilt.  The free pattern can be found here.

New Wave quilt top

I changed it up a bit to make it smaller.  Mine is 9 down and 4 across instead of 12 down and 6 across like the pattern calls for.  The hardest part of this quilt BY FAR was getting the points to line up. I got to the point where I'd use my basting stitch when sewing the vertical seams so I could check to make sure they lined up- then I'd make any adjustments needed- and then I'd go back and sew with my regular length stitch.

Detail of quilt top

The colors I  chose were inspired by the elephant print I used. I really enjoyed working with so many solids on this one.   

I'm teaming up with my friend Rebeckah on this one to get it done in time, so I made the quilt top and she's going to quilt and bind it.  The shower is next weekend and unfortunately I'll be camping so I won't be able to make it but Rebeckah will be there and she'll be able to give it to our friend so she has it when her new little boy Issachar makes his appearance!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...