Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Reversible Table Runner

Is it tablerunner or table runner?  I never know.

Reversible Table Runner: 4th of July SIde

Anyways, I have today for your viewing pleasure a new tablerunner/ table runner that I made.  I had the idea that I wanted to make a patriotic tablerunner to go on the breakfast bar in my kitchen.  I looked around the interwebs and found this one from Fat Cats Quilts.  Finding fabric in y stash was easy.  I keep all my Denyse Schmidt fabric from Joanns next to each other in my stash and they always seem to scream "patriotic" in their red, whites, and blues so I grabbed them.  Unfortunately all the red DS fabrics I had had too much white in them, so I scrapped them and instead just pulled reds from my stash.

And there's a surprise!  It's reversible!!!

Reversible Table Runner: Everyday Side

When trying to figure out a backing I had the thought that it would be nice to make a tablerunner for the breakfast bar that was a little more "everyday".  Rooting around in my stash I found some Alexander Henry Farmdale and paired them with a green that has some darker green cross-hatching and came up with this design.  The colors photograph a little oddly but in person it's really beautiful.

I still need to bind it.  It's on my list to go to the store today and get some red fabric with tiny white polka dots to use for binding.

edit: It's bound!  I absolutely LOVE it!

4th of July Table runner Close up Both Sides Back of Table runner

Over the weekend I also finished my June block for Stash Bee.  This month we were required to make crystalline shapes on a black background.  I hand pieced mine and ended up appliquing it by hand as well.  It was a very relaxing project and I really love the way my block turned out.

June Block for Stash Bee

BTW, this thing is HUGE.  It measures 15.5"x15.5"

-Stephanie
p.s. I'm linking up this week with Manic Monday Linky Party, Sew Modern Monday, and Fabric Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your table runner! The fabrics are so nice, I especially like the red and blue. I'm working on a quilt right now that has one of the same fabrics in it - the dusty blue fabric with the flowers in a row. :)

    Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Is there a pattern? I am new to quilting, but I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...