Monday, November 7, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Quilt Sampler progress

One of the things I decided to do for myself this Christmas was to make myself a Christmas quilt.  I joined in on the 12 Days of Christmas Sampler Quilt-Along hosted by Sara of Sew Sweetness and I've really been enjoying the process.

The idea behind it is that every Tuesday and Thursday a different blogger will post a block they designed on their blog along with a tutorial on how to make it and after 6 weeks we'll have a our 12 blocks ready to make into a quilt.

I did a good job staying on track in week one, and I was able to make my blocks on time.
My week two blocks I made yesterday.... still on time, but definitely slower.
And I'm looking forward to block 5 being posted tomorrow.

So on to the pictures!

Here are the fabrics I selected from Joann's:

Block 1: Christmas Truck (designed by by Julianna @Projektownia Jednoiglec)

Block 2: Santa Claus (designed by Sara @ Sew Sweetness)


Block 3: Christmas Hearth (designed by Kaelin @ The Plaid Scottie)



Block 4: Scrappy Star (designed by Jennie @ Clover and Violet)

And the first four blocks all together!

And here's the rest of the schedule for the quilt-along:
Nov 8 - Elizabeth @ Don't Call Me Betsy
Nov 10 - Riel @ The Q and the U
Nov 15 - Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts
Nov 17 - Lindsay @ Lindsay Sews
Nov 22 - Jessica @ SewCraftyJess
Nov 23 - Sarah @ Fairy Face Designs
Nov 29 - Heather & Megan @ Quilt Story
Dec 1 - Kim @ My Go Go Life

I've also joined in on Anna of Noodlehead's Simplicity Skirt 2226 Sew-A-long and am using Through the Branches from Kitty Yoshida's Prospect Park collection in the espresso colorway:
(The background looks more like ivory in person)

And I've joined in on the holiday ornament swap over at Lindsay Sews

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...