Thursday, April 21, 2011

Catching up... Embroidery!

I've been busy since the weekend getting back in the crafty spirit... I successfully completed my portfolio for graduation and submitted it on Monday, so I've been celebrating by allowing myself the time to craft.

This week I've been working on a variety of projects.  The first is my contribution to the April stitch-along going on over at the Feeling Stitchy blog.  I deviated a little from the group design, but I like what I came up with.

The original design was a girl with an umbrella in the rain.  Instead of rain I decided to have my girl showered with love.  I also wasn't the biggest fan of her hair, so I made a change there and did something different.
I had a lot of fun with the embroidery.  It allowed me to use a wide variety of stitches that I don't normally use with the embroidery I do.

I've also gotten it into my mind to make a quilt for Granite and I.  While shopping on Etsy for fabric for a gift I found a set of Robert Kaufman Metro Living prints that I thought were fun and used them as a jumping off point for building a selection of prints to use.  Not all have arrived in the mail yet and so I'll wait to take a picture of them until then.  In the mean time the pattern I selected for making the quilt can be found here.  

I've also begun the embroidery I'm going to use on a secret project, and purchased the fabrics I'll use for it.  If you can tell by the two beagles in the embroidery who the project might be for be sure to keep it a secret!  I posted the picture of the fabric I purchased as a black and white photo to keep the color scheme I decided on a surprise as well!
I've also got quite a few different surprise projects in the works that I'll wait to write about until they're all done.  I had just wanted to go ahead and blog a little about what's been going on since I've been MIA for awhile.

Anyways, happy Holy Week everyone!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...